We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Murabilia 2009  (Read 1429 times)

Alberto

Murabilia 2009
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:03:26 PM »
Hi all. Murabilia is at its 9th edition. This flower show will be held in the fine city of Lucca, Tuscany, Italy, on 4, 5 and 6 of September 2009. About 250 nurseries will display their plants  (among them Crug Farm and The World of Ferns, from UK) and competitions will be judged by authoritative people, Dr. Christopher Brickell for example.  The modern greenhouse will host the paints of about 30 artists (five of them won Gold Medal at RHS, London) for the Botanical Art Competition, named Botalia, painted flora, at its 5th edition. You can meet Prof. W. Lack, director of the Botanic Garden of Berlin-Dhalem, Dr. Rudolf Jenny, famous orchidologist and keeper of the database of  http://orchid.unibas.ch/site.home.php . If anyone is in Italy in that period and would like to join us will be welcome!  www.murabilia.com

Alberto
Italy
North of Italy
where summers are hot and dry and winters are cold and wet
http://picasaweb.google.com/albertogrossi60

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Murabilia 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 01:06:30 PM »
This seems like a most interesting and entertaining event, Alberto. we wish it every success.... and hope that some Forumists might be visiting to give us a report!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 03:29:49 PM »
All best wishes for a wonderful event, Alberto ... can I echo Maggi's hope that one or more forum members can attend?
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Alberto

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »
Many thanks for the wishes. If I'll have time to take pictures I'll post them (in my last years experience I can tell you that it is a hard work and I have just time to say 'Hello' to all the 'nurseries'). I'll do my best.

Alberto

North of Italy
where summers are hot and dry and winters are cold and wet
http://picasaweb.google.com/albertogrossi60

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 03:58:38 PM »
 :D Yes, Alberto, I know that it is very hard to find time to do all the things one wants to do when one is involved with the organisation of such an event !  ;D  ;)

Have a good time!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal