We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ranunculus alpestris  (Read 1256 times)

johanneshoeller

Ranunculus alpestris
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:58:53 PM »
I have wild collected fresh seed of Ranunculus alpestris and Pulsatilla alpina (Höllengebirge, 1700m, Austria)
Hans Hoeller passed away, after a long illness, on 5th November 2010. His posts remain as a memory of him.

Katherine J

• Lurking and learning
    • Flowers from the Alps
Re: Ranunculus alpestris
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »
I have wild collected fresh seed of Ranunculus alpestris

And they germinate very well, I can confirm that!!!! The seedlings of last years' seeds from Hans are growing happily, thank You, Hans. :)
Kata Jozsa - Budapest, Hungary
Zone 6

http://gardenonbalcony.blogspot.com

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: Ranunculus alpestris
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:13:18 AM »
Hans,

If you have some left over once you've supplied everyone else who is likely to be able to grow them to their full potential.... I would be interested in trying some.  BUT, I don't want to deny someone who can do them justice from having seed.  Sending the seed here may be sentencing them to a fate worse than death (well, equal to death anyway) given our recent summers. ::)  As we say so often.... we always want those things that likely will struggle for us. :'(
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal