We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ourisia macrophylla and coccinea  (Read 1883 times)

arisaema

Ourisia macrophylla and coccinea
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »
Would anyone be able to help me with a small shot of either? I grew O. macrophylla years ago, but lost it one very dry summer. Also looking for Chinese Polygonatum species and some of the new, blue Corydalis.  :)

Plenty to trade; incl. bulbs of Lilium lophophorum, Cremanthodium sp., undulated ex Qinghai, Corydalis, Aconitums, hardy Impatiens, Meconopsis, Primula tangutica and others etc.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:06:55 PM by arisaema »

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Ourisia macrophylla and coccinea
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 10:43:02 PM »
May be able to do a plant of O. coccinea later in the year, Sept/Oct perhaps? You'd have to change its seasons around though. OK? It would be good to have both species and try to reproduce Ourisia 'Inverewe." It was in NZ very briefly but died out in the first dry summer it met.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:44:33 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

arisaema

Re: Ourisia macrophylla and coccinea
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »
Thanks for the very kind offer, Lesley! I would have gladly accepted if it wasn't for another kind forumist who already offered to trade me a piece of his plant :) I should probably give seeds of O. macrophylla another attempt, previous tries have ended in a lush, green carpet of moss.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal