We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: crinum oliganthum  (Read 1657 times)

Alessandro.marinello

crinum oliganthum
« on: July 06, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
flowering of crinum oliganthum, Crinum little  of the Caribbeanses
Padova N-E Italy climate zone 8

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: crinum oliganthum
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 10:29:13 PM »
Alessandro,

Interesting species.  Does it always have just a single flower per stem?  The only other singular flowered species I can think of is the Australian species Crinum uniflorum (I think I have the name right, I've only read about it, never seen it).  How big is your plant?
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Alessandro.marinello

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »
Paul
the leaves are wide 1 cm stem is 18 cm flower 7 cm in diameter, possess this plant from three years, this is the first year of flowering
Padova N-E Italy climate zone 8

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 09:31:05 PM »
Alessandro,

A beautiful dainty crinum.  Very beautiful.

Here I grow Crinum x powelii which has pink flowers and C. x powellii 'Album' which, obviously, has white flowers. These are big plants, growing to one metre or more in height. I received one bulb of each from a friend some twenty years ago and now have large clumps of both in the garden. I recall the bulbs were very big when I received them and I imagine there must be a great collection of them by now.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal