We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Sheringham Park - Rhodies in East Anglia  (Read 2978 times)

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
Sheringham Park - Rhodies in East Anglia
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:29:45 PM »
I left the AGS East Anglia show early to go camping with family and friends in North Norfolk.  The nights were COLD but Sunday 3 May was bright and warm.  Jacinta & I managed a walk in Sheringham Park without the children, all the rest of the party were happy to play or rest on the camp site.  'Twas idyllic and after a long warm spell with frost free nights the display of Rhododendrons and Azaleas in the Repton designed parkland was magnificent.
Here is just a taste.  No names I'm afraid so just enjoy the plants.

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
Re: Sheringham Park - Rhodies in East Anglia
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »
Part two.
We are hoping to camp again next weekend, same area, and perhaps get the children and our friends to come too.  All we need is a forecast for mild nights ..... for the plants and the campers :D

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
Lovely place Tony, a nice way to spend a day or two. Is that Jacinta in the last pic?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »
Yes - Jacinta hiding under a Rhodie it is.  Incredible to think that the last time we were there she was wheelchairbound and now she can walk all day!

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »
That is great news Tony. I know nothing of Jacinta's health issues, but know about family in wheelchairs. My brother lived in one from 7 years old until he died at 21. Muscular distrophy, DuChennes' syndrome. Many years ago now.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »
18 years of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome aka ME - heard about The Lightning Process and tried it.  Result = recovery, complete and lasting.  Three years on and she is now training other people to regain their health.  It's turned our lives upside-down .... and if you could see the state of our house right now you'd see how literally I mean that ;D ;D ;D
I'm off to tidy up ;)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:30:59 PM »
Our Australian friend Paul T may be interested in that.

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 08:31:52 AM »
Great pix Tony - wonderful Rhodies.
Your story about Jacintha is even more wonderful though !!  :D
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 06:10:15 AM »
Lesley,

Tony had already told me about it in the past... I am glad that it has been a long term "cure" (I say that word hesitantly) for her.  Always good to hear of someone recovering from it.  My 15 years was dreadful, and still affects me a little, although at least I can work again now which is wonderful. 

And those Rhododendrons are stunning.  I would love to get to a good Rhododendron garden one of these years, but I never get a chance to get up to the Blue Mountains near Sydney, or down to Victoria around the right time.  ::)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal