We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Flowering Now - May 2009  (Read 90487 times)

Lori S.

• hiking & biking on our behalf !
Re: Flowering Now - May 2009
« Reply #585 on: June 21, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »
Veronica repens is hardy and carefree here... though who knows how it will do where you live, Cohan.
Lori
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3
-30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #586 on: June 21, 2009, 09:50:56 PM »
I lost my V. repens too, but from it being overgrown by bigger neighbours. I was very fond of it though and will replace when I see another. Not around here lately. Mine was very palest blue, not white, what I would call ice blue. It did set seed because it turned up occasionally in a gravel path.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #587 on: June 21, 2009, 09:57:42 PM »
thanks for the input on the veronical, lori, lesley and simon..i have two plants, one i stuck in the big pot i had semps in last year---only one of the three survived, but its doing very well, i added some other semps and sedum bits; so suvival of that one is definitely iffy...
another pot i will plant in the ground when i get a spot ready..i will check for seeds, its been blooming for some time already..

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #588 on: October 07, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »
For those that received my Shortia uniflora seed please note. Usually this Shortia sprouts within 2-3 weeks.  However I surface sowed mine on the 17th of July in a plastic bag under lights and they just started sprouting in the past 2 weeks.  So don't give up hope.

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal