We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Branklyn gardens in Spring  (Read 3157 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Branklyn gardens in Spring
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:40:35 PM »
Combined a visit to the Perth show with Branklyn.  It was looking particularly good today despite the absence of the sun. The pictures are of general views walking round the paths.  The garden should be at its best for the next two weeks, although it always looks good !
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
Re: Branklyn gardens in Spring
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »
Part two
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 10:49:14 PM »
Last batch.  This is only meant to give a flavour of what the gardens look like as opposed to individual plants.  Come and see for yourselves !
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:18:20 AM »
Tom,

Oh how I wish I COULD come and visit it myself. :o  Some amazing plants in there, that is for sure.  Thank you so much!!
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »
Thanks Tom. One more Garden added to my "List to visit Gardens"  ;D
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »
I remember Branklyn from many years ago (1981) as a great garden for Meconopsis. Later than now of course. Was the Pleione forrestii growing out in the open? It seems so.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »
Tom, in the last batch of pictures, the ones with the house in the background, has this area recently had a makeover? My memory from a year or two ago is of more 'mature' beds whilst your pictures look as if they are recently planted.
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »
The quick answer is yes.  I thought it looked different and looking at pictures taken 2 years ago, they have gutted the area and started afresh with a new rock garden. It should look really good in a couple of years.  Nothing stands still in a garden.  Going round the garden I could also see improvements in the way of new plantings such as Meconopsis and pleiones.
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal