We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: cuttings of fragrant/colored stemed shrubs  (Read 2024 times)

razvan chisu

• Journal Access Group
cuttings of fragrant/colored stemed shrubs
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:13:06 PM »
Hello everyone
Since spring has begun I know that most of you will start pruning and tidying up your gardens. I would be interested in cuttings of shrubs in general, and quite fond of frangrant ones (be it flowers or scented leaves) and shrubs (Salix, Cornus, Rubus) with winter interest by means of colored stems.
Happy gardening
Raz
alpines, ferns, bulbs, climbers, shrubs,annuals, tropicals, edibles, vegetables, etc

http://razvanchisu.blogspot.co.uk/

cohan

• forest gnome
Re: cuttings of fragrant/colored stemed shrubs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »
have you got lots of offerings, already?
in case you might be interested, i have various native shrubs growing here: cornus sericea sericea--great red colour, smaller form than from some other areas, only 2-3 feet high, usually... several coloured willows, probably would need serious pruning in a garden setting (annual mowing, at least, likely..)
if interested in northern sp, send a pvt message... i could send a few cuttings if you think they would get through ok..

razvan chisu

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 08:39:16 AM »
you are the first and only one to offer me some cuttings.
spring is still on it's way (still snowing this week here) so I haven't lost hope.

alpines, ferns, bulbs, climbers, shrubs,annuals, tropicals, edibles, vegetables, etc

http://razvanchisu.blogspot.co.uk/

Giles

• Prince of Primula
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »
I probably have the right type of plants (various cultivars/forms of some of the Winter flowering Viburnums [farreri,grandiflorum, x bodnantense]; also some
Chimonanthus varieties) - but Spring is well advanced here and they are putting on fresh growth, and they will not survive in the post. If you contact me
in late Autumn, I can send you some material for hardwood cuttings.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal