We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pests and Disease questions  (Read 1148 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Pests and Disease questions
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:14:35 PM »
Howdy All,

I'm working on an assignment for my Horticultural Studies and thought I might pick some of your brains a little..... I am trying to find useful information on Narcissus Fly (so many references that it is difficult to wade through) control measures and timings, methods of control of Onion Weed (N. inodorum) and methods of control of Narcissus Basal Rot.  For our assignment we had to choose a weed pest, insect pest and disease for a particular situation.... in this case I chose a bulb garden (surpris, surprise!  ;D)

So does anyone have any websites that they can point me to, or info they can provide?  I am finding it difficult to sort through so much stuff that is on the internet to see what is actually useful.  With so many of you out there already having had to deal with the Narcissus Fly in particular, I thought this might be a good source of information.  I've not yet had any real dealings with Narcissus Fly other than finding grubs for the first time this year.  One of the reasons I chose the NF to research was to learn about them so that I could have reference for the future when I am probably going to need to treat for them.

Thanks very much for any information anyone can point me to or provide.  8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Pests and Disease questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »
Paul, I think the threads on NFly in the forum gave some useful websites.... I'll have a look.....
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Heather Smith

• Beginning a new life
Re: Pests and Disease questions
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:57:43 AM »
Ask Mark . . he knows all about Narcissus fly . .

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal