Specific Families and Genera > Gesneriaceae

Petrocosmeas

(1/6) > >>

ruweiss:
A few days ago my Petrocosmeas started to flower. These plants are relatively new to me
and I hope,that the names are true; if not, I would be grateful for an exact identification.
These beautiful gesneriads are not easy to obtain in Germany and it is apity,that they are not hardy here,

Pauli:
Hello Rudi,

the Botanic Garden in Linz grows the same plants, but names are different at least for the first; I do not know if their names are right.
First: P forrestii
Second: their plant looks a little different, more untidy
Third they agree

If bone dry, they can withstand a few degrees below zero, as long as the temperature rises during the day.
Do you have them from a certain Chinese source?

All the best

Herbert

Paul T:
Rudi,

Beautiful!!  Haven't had anything to do with these myself, so lovely to see your pics.  I have Haberleas flowering for me at the moment here in the Southern Hemisphere. :D

ruweiss:
Herbert and Paul, many thanks for your kind replies. I got my plants from an orchid grower, who raises them
simply and quick from leaf cuttings in his heated glasshouse. The chinese offerings of rare and new plants
are always mouth-watering, but I want to be sure, that my plants are seed raised or nursery propagated.
During the frost-free season my Petrocosmeas are in the Alpine house,as they do not like too high temperatures
the get placed under the stages during the hot summer months. In winter they stand by the window just frost-free
in an unheated room where they flower for many weeks.

Lesley Cox:
What lovely plants Rudi. Unknown to us here in the southern hemisphere I'm afraid. I had P. kerrii once, many years ago but not the conditions which it preferred, so lost it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version