We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: AGS Autumn Show South  (Read 1891 times)

art600

• Travels light, travels far
AGS Autumn Show South
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:24:30 AM »
I went to the Show last Saturday, without camera, and have been asked by David Hoare, the Show Secretary, if I would post some pictures of what was an excellent Show.

Whilst at the Show, I met up with Luc Gilgemyn and his friend (the lurker from Belgium, Luc Scheldeman).  They make regular trips to buy John Innes composts - unavailable in Belgium  8)

CYCLAMEN CILICIUM - Best Cyclamen in Show & Cof M      Mike & Christine Brown from West Kirby

CROCUS GOULIMYI Mani White - FARRER MEDAL PLANT    Lee & Julie Martin from Pevensey

3 Pan Cyclamen - Bob & Rannveig Wallis from South Wales

AUTUMN SOUTH SHOW 2008 JUDGING

AUTUMN SOUTH SHOW 2008 3 Pan Crocus - Lee & Julie Martin

General view
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
Re: AGS Autumn Show South
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:19:21 AM »
Hi Art !
Thanks for posting some pictures - I'm sure everyone will enjoy them.  After all, not everybody has the opportunity to "hop" over every now and then. Indeed it was an excellent show and the Farrer winning pot of Crocus was unbelievable !!  :o :o as were many other great looking plants.
It was nice meeting you and some of your friends again we're close to becoming Kent members I guess..  ;D

We did manage to get our fix of John Innes compost ;D
There's absolutely nothing like it on the continent.
Each time we leave England with 10-20 bags we have the somewhat exaggerated feeling we're leaving the country behind us with a large hole somewhere in the middle...  ;D
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
I went to the Show last Saturday, without camera

Ok I can't resist any longer, whose photos are they then Art? David Hoare's?
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

art600

• Travels light, travels far
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 11:36:27 AM »
Brian

YES  8) :) 8)
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:00:13 PM »
Thank you, Arthur, and thanks too to David for enabling this glimpse of the show. I know David was concerned about the number of entries expected but even if there were not as many plants as David, as an anxious Show Secretary, might have wished, it still looks like a super show with some excellent plants. The Farrer pot of Crocus is a stunner indeed..... if only the wonderful big pot full of the same Crocus that came to the SRGC Discussion weekend show had not succumbed to the rigours of travel and heat , it would surely have won a Forrest Medal in Scotland for its exhibitor,.... that was Peter Bland, if I recall correctly.

Glad you had a good show, David and All the exhibitors.... and Arthur, you are docked two bars of chocolate for not taking your camera with you..... extra chocs for David , though!! ;) ;D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal