We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Crocus Group seed list  (Read 4107 times)

Lars S

Crocus Group seed list
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:23:14 PM »
I have misplaced my Crocus Group my seed list for this year  :'(
If anyone by any chance have access to a digital version of the list (if there is one) I would be immensely grateful if he or she could send it to me in a PM.

Lars
Stockholm / Sweden
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:38:55 PM by Lars S »
Lars in Stockholm
USDA-zone 6 or there about

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Re: Crocus Group seed list
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »
I havent seen it yet!
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 10:41:47 PM »
I have not had one either but I did not ask for one :o
I understand that the seed orders were sent out a week or more ago so if you have not seen it/ordered yet it may be too late this year.
email David at thecrocusgroup@hotmail.com for more info.

Gerry Webster

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:57:01 PM »
I received a seed list (I was a donor). The closing date for applications was 31.8.08.
Gerry passed away  at home  on 25th February 2021 - his posts are  left  in the  forum in memory of him.
His was a long life - lived well.

Lars S

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:18:09 AM »
I got the list allright and also my seed order. Itīs just that I canīt id the seeds since I misplaced the list after ordering. Iīll try and e-mail David.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 09:20:34 AM by Lars S »
Lars in Stockholm
USDA-zone 6 or there about

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 06:28:08 AM »
Hi Tony,
How is it possible to be member of the Crocus group ? I have sent 2 e-mail without replys since the beginning of the year. I understand that it is too late now for me to participe with the seeds exchange !!!
do

Pontoux France

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »
Dom
To join the Crocus Group you need to send a cheque or cash for Ģ5GB (Or equivalent in euros) to Mr A Goode, 3 Woodland Road, Norwich, NR6 5RA. The fee is a one off which is only repeated when group funds run low, (perhaps every 5 years.)   We are a very informal group with no constitution or rules!  Just a group of folk with a shared interest.  Overseas members receive one newsletter per year, in the autumn.

The seed exchange takes place in summer and to take part all you have to do is send a request for a list to the seed exchange organiser.  Full details will follow once you join.  Please feel free to contact me again if you need more info.

Sorry if I did not reply to the mails - my 'old' email address has had a big spam problem which has made it difficukt to see the good mails >:(  Thankfully this problem has recently been solved.  I will try and find a few crocus seeds for you as a consolation.  (My own hopes for an exchange list have been defeated by a lack of time this year, I will try and do better next year.)

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
I joined but haven't received an update. Perhaps my money ran out or I forgot to respond to a reminder? Am I correct in thinking that the seed list is only sent to those who contribute seeds?
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »
Hi Tony
Very thank you for your reply and what you can make for me about seeds. I send you quickly my financial participation.All the best
Dominique
do

Pontoux France

art600

• Travels light, travels far
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 10:07:23 AM »
Anthony
You have to request a seedlist by end July (I think).  Donors automatically get a seedlist.

Tony G please correct if wrong. 
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
Correct Arthur. Members need to send a request for a copy of the Seed List, together with a SAE, to David Stephens by the 31 July. Donors of seed also need to send it as soon as possible after collection and no later than 31 July. Full details are on the back of the Crocus Group Fact Sheet sent to all members on joining the Group.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal