We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Biosorb  (Read 8211 times)

Slug Killer

• Koolplants
Biosorb
« on: August 30, 2008, 03:11:32 PM »
Hi, does anyone know a UK supplier of the Seramis TYPE product called BIOSORB. I've been searching but not had much luck.

Dave

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
Re: Biosorb
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
Putting "uk Biosorb" into Google got you this

http://www.aitkens.co.uk/detail.php?siteid=231

Hope it helps. ;)

Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Slug Killer

• Koolplants
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 04:35:40 PM »
Thanks Brian.

I've sent them an e-mail but looking in to their details, they part own Avoncrop which I was surprised did not sell the stuff.

David

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:33:09 PM »
We'll keep out fingers crossed David ;)
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

derekb

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
Dave,
         Have you tried Ultrasorb it sounds about the same a heat expanded mineral.
I get mine from Garden Direct it is £14.50 for 25ltrs or if you live near a golf course and talk to the green keeper it is a lot cheaper they use it on the greens. the Email is gardendirect@chempack .co.uk

Derek
Sunny Mid Sussex

Slug Killer

• Koolplants
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 06:32:35 PM »
Derek, you've hit the nail on the head as far as what I'm thinking. Golf courses and other sports oriented places as well as large emergency type services (for absorbing chemical spills) buy this stuff in huge quantities and must pay a fraction of the price us gardeners are forced to lay out. I believe Ultrasorb and Biosorb are basically the same thing.

Right, who plays golf? Please bring a trailer and a rake! ;)

Slug Killer

• Koolplants

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 07:59:02 AM »
If you haven't read them already, see the extensive information about Biosorb/cat litter/ultrasorb in my Wisley logs numbers 18 and 19

Cheers

Paul
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

David Pilling

• Computer Guru
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
If you haven't read them already, see the extensive information about Biosorb/cat litter/ultrasorb in my Wisley logs numbers 18 and 19

The information in the Wisley logs is interesting. There are lots of references to cat litter on the web, including elsewhere in this forum, but this is the most information I've seen. Well done.
David Pilling at the seaside in North West England.

Slug Killer

• Koolplants
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 03:03:32 PM »
One thing I have noticed with the Tesco (Moler Clay) cat litter is that you get a mixture of granule size from very small (1-3mm)to the 3-6mm. Sophisticat Pink cat litter seems to be all 3-6mm but a bit more expensive. This could have been just a coincidence or the Tesco stuff is whatever is available before the granules get sorted and hence its cheaper.

I have also found the Seramis water indicators work well in Moler clay.

David

Slug Killer

• Koolplants
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
Me again. Going back to the Wisley log 18 and 19, one thing Paul did not mention was delivery charges. As most of us live near a Tesco or go past one, we save even more money than having to buy online and pay £8.00 upwards for delivery. If you added the delivery charges and then worked out how much per litre, your saving even more. ;)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal