We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Narcissus asturiensis, N. triandrus and Fritillaria legionensis seeds available  (Read 5560 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Oops!  Sorry, 'twas Stephen.  I told you it was only just setting in.  :o ::)

I'll leave it as is now, or your comment won't make any sense.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Rafa

• Narcissus King and Castilian conservationist
Thank you for all this information.

Asphodelus fistulosus is a very beautiful plant, but at the same time it could be an authenitc plague if the seeds scapes from your gardens. ::)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
I gathered from an earlier Forum posting somewhere that Fritillaria legionensis was in effect, a hybrid swarm based on F. pyrenaica but I see in a list of correct names included with the newest Frit Group Journal, that Martyn Rix gives legionensis as synonymous with F. montana. Odd.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Rafa

I don't know Lesley, It is possible ::), I will ask F. LLamas about his oppinion.

This Fritillaria montana it is certenly close...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:27:02 AM by Rafa »

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
... I'm affraid the parcels that I sent to Pat and Fermi some time ago, were burned in the customs....I want to send also some Crocus seeds to Marcus Harvey, but If my parcels don't arrive, maybe it is not useful...
Oh Happy day! The seeds have arrived, Rafa!
I don't know where they've been for over a month (date stamped 31 July!) but they turned up yesterday (4 September) in the mailbox. They appear to have been opened for inspection but did not have a Customs sticker slapped on the package!?
You've certainly been very generous and I hope there is something I can send you in return.
Thanks again, Rafa.
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Rafa

Fantastic Fermi! it is good enough for me to know that the seeds have arrived safely and that you will be able to grow them.
It is also reassuring to know I can send seeds to Australia without them being confiscated without any justification.

I have precisely sent some seeds to Markus today and hopefully he will receive by Christmas ;D

All the best,

Rafa.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
What good news... I was deeply distressed at the thought of these packages being stopped/destroyed for no good reason. Excellent news that the seeds have arrived!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal