We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Some seeds from the Ortleralpen available  (Read 1430 times)

Katherine J

• Lurking and learning
    • Flowers from the Alps
Some seeds from the Ortleralpen available
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:49:23 AM »
Hello dear all!
We spent two wonderful weeks in the "Ortlergebiet". It is in northern Italy, near the Swiss border, and is full of glaciers. I hope I can show you some pics soon (there are almost 1000 to select from). The seed collection was worse than I was hoped.  :'( There were very little ripened. People said that June was very cold and rainy. Even Saxifraga oppositifolia was still in flower on some places.
I don't want to send to the seed exchange, because there are some species, which are not absolutely sure ::), others are ephemeral, and all are quite few.
There are lime free stones there (phyllit, tonalite, eklogit, granite - spelled correctly???).
If somebody would like some, send me a pm.

Geum reptans and montanum (I made a stupidity when cleaned, so these two may be mixed a little ::))
Arabis pumila (or something from this group - It's strange: seemingly was the same plant, but most of the seeds are mustard coloured and winged, a little part of them black and not winged)
Arabis sp. (I am not sure it was A. alpina)
Gentiana acaulis
Antennaria sp. (I hope  ;D)
Pulsatilla vernalis
Pulsatilla alpina ssp. apiifolia
Papaver alpinum
Kata Jozsa - Budapest, Hungary
Zone 6

http://gardenonbalcony.blogspot.com

Katherine J

• Lurking and learning
    • Flowers from the Alps
Re: Some seeds from the Ortleralpen available
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:52:15 AM »
Dear Friends,
just want to announce You, that I have no more Pulsatilla seeds.
Kata Jozsa - Budapest, Hungary
Zone 6

http://gardenonbalcony.blogspot.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal