We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Log 16 - 31st July 2008  (Read 3821 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Log 16 - 31st July 2008
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
Paul, another SUPERB log! Photos of these entrancing Ponerorchis are really clear  and I find the shots of the progression of those furry tubers as charming as they are instructive... thanks!!
It is a brilliant idea to give us the Gunther Kleinhans article as well. Most useful to read this....even if it does whet the appetite even further for these elusive gems of the orient.

Your log goes from strength to strength and I congratulate you once more on bringing the log to this platform and furthering the public knowledge and understanding of the work done by you and your colleagues in the RHS Garden Wisley.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

admin

• Administrator
  • Something on the screen moved! The sky is falling!
Re: Log 16 - 31st July 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:40:36 AM »
Your log goes from strength to strength and I congratulate you once more on bringing the log to this platform and furthering the public knowledge and understanding of the work done by you and your colleagues in the RHS Garden Wisley.

I'll second that. Were it not for the efforts of folk like Paul and Ian the world of plans would be a poorer place.

art600

• Travels light, travels far
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »
Even the World of Plants

Wholeheartedly agree with your comments Maggi and think our Admin does a great job enabling us all to enjoy everything.
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
Yes, thanks to all.  You too Admin, even if you DO keep having to bang your head constantly on the desk like that.  Looks decidedly painful!!  :o

Paul, the Ponerorchis are stunning!!  Amazing colours and so many different shapes.  I'll enjoy them from afar as I will likely never see them over here, but with pictures like yours it is VERY easy to enjoy them from afar.  Thanks very much for this log.  Great Stuff!! :)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:57:04 PM »
Paul great log.
Truely wonderful and interesting orchids thanks for showing
kind regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal