We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: bulb log 01/11  (Read 1203 times)

wooden shoe

bulb log 01/11
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:44:31 PM »
I was happy to see the hoop-daffodils again. Other bulb logs of previous years always featured a lot of them during this period and it always gives a good feeling of spring, even in the drab circumstances of last week. Tomorrow some sun should come through and the Crocus laevigatus in my garden survived 4 weeks of snow in my garden wonderfully. The flowerbuds of 4 weeks ago came out under the snow exactly as they were a month ago. I hope they will give a good show tomorrow.
The winter flowering daffodils that I do have still have to grow for another year or so before they will flower so I expect new pictures of winter flowering daffodils in the next issue   ;)
Rob - central Nederland Zone 7b

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: bulb log 01/11
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:46 PM »
I find the winter narcissus a real treat  too. I'm trying to get Ian to write a wee article on them for the IRG..... I think there are too many people who just don't know about these delightful  flowers.  :D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Re: bulb log 01/11
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:09:54 PM »
I have fish box troughs that have been damaged by the two freezing sessions last year
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal