We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Culzean 2008  (Read 2170 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Culzean 2008
« on: June 12, 2008, 09:38:17 PM »
This is our local garden/park.  I have been so used to going there that I forgot that they had some choice Rhododendrons partly hidden in the huge woodland areas.  Some of these were brought over from the Horlicks collection in Achamore gardens when he bequeathed them to the NT for Scotland after his death.  Labels are so old they are unreadable or non-existant.  As usual, I am not going to second guess what they are as most will possibly be unnamed hybrids.  These should have been posted a month ago but I was suffering from computer, Photoshop and Rhododendron fatigue !  Before anyone asks, the Rhododendrons are only a very small part of the plants in the garden
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
Re: Culzean 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
I seem to have trouble posting any more.  Probably Rhododendron fatigue has hit this part of the forum ! Anyway, here goes my third attempt.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:14:48 PM by TC »
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 10:09:18 PM »
A good effort Tom but better rest now. :)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 10:10:43 PM »
Worked this time. Now the last lot
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »
Thank you for posting these Tom. Brings good memories of a (to) short visit.
Hope you don't mind, when I send one pict. to this topic.
The only one I made of Rhododendron at Culzean.
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal