General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

Paeonia 2022

(1/10) > >>

Gail:
The peony season has started here in Norfolk;

Paeonia clusii, in a pot till I decide best place for it...

Paeonia obovata alba which stubbornly produces just one stem a year.

and Paeonia decomposita - grown from AGS seed sown in 2017, which is quite fast to first flowering for me. It has a lovely scent.

I'm off to Greece on Wednesday - the third attempt at a Greentours trip to see peonies in the Greek Rhodope, so keeping everything crossed that a. I get there  and b. they are in flower!

Maggi Young:
Bon voyage, Gail!!

Peppa:

--- Quote from: Gail on April 17, 2022, 06:44:01 PM ---The peony season has started here in Norfolk;
(Attachment Link)
Paeonia clusii, in a pot till I decide best place for it...

(Attachment Link)
Paeonia obovata alba which stubbornly produces just one stem a year.

(Attachment Link)
and Paeonia decomposita - grown from AGS seed sown in 2017, which is quite fast to first flowering for me. It has a lovely scent.

I'm off to Greece on Wednesday - the third attempt at a Greentours trip to see peonies in the Greek Rhodope, so keeping everything crossed that a. I get there  and b. they are in flower!

--- End quote ---

Very pretty! I really like the white flowers against the dark leaves. Are these dark leaves (Paeonia clusii) typical for the species or is this a particularly nice clone?

Leena:

--- Quote from: Gail on April 17, 2022, 06:44:01 PM ---I'm off to Greece on Wednesday - the third attempt at a Greentours trip to see peonies in the Greek Rhodope, so keeping everything crossed that a. I get there  and b. they are in flower!

--- End quote ---

Have a nice trip, and I hope you see a lot of peonies and take pictures. :)

Gail:

--- Quote from: Peppa on April 18, 2022, 07:56:15 AM ---Are these dark leaves (Paeonia clusii) typical for the species or is this a particularly nice clone?

--- End quote ---
I think fairly typical, they do lighten as they mature and become a more silvery grey.

Thanks for the good wishes - I'll definitely take pictures, even if it is only of leaves...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version