We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Panayoti Kelaidis, new NARGS President - and garden video  (Read 833 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Congratulations to Panayoti Kelaidis, new NARGS President  - there can be few folk in the  world of rock garden and alpine  plants who are  not  aware of Panayoti, "PK" as he is affectionately known and his tireless travelling and work for  alpine  plants and the  Denver  Botanic Gardens - and so much more  beddies!  He will be a great  president  for  NARGS, following on from Elisabeth Zander and her innovations.
# PK is also known for his Blogspot, of course :http://prairiebreak.blogspot.com/

PK writes :
"I'm honored to have been elected president of the North American Rock Garden Society, and my term kicks off tomorrow. My cinematographer friend, Adam Taub, has documented our garden over the past year. This episode at the height of spring bloom caps his series--where I share some of my thoughts as well as plants."

From You-tube:
"Beautiful and informative June garden tour with Panayoti Kelaidis at his home garden in Denver, Colorado. Filmed in early June on the 6th 2021, this garden video features his rock garden which is in bloom, a variety of iris, flowering trees, his dryland garden and more. Denver, Colorado had a very rainy Spring 2021 and it can be seen in Panayoti's garden.

Some of the featured plants include daphne, iris, columbine, cliff rose, cactus, thalictrum, saxifrage, peony, tulip, hawthorne tree, Chinese fringe tree, blue stars, poppy and more.
He also talks about the North American Rock Garden Society and some of the concepts of plantsman gardening

A lifelong Colorado gardener, Panayoti specializes in native, alpine and xeric plants. Rock gardening and dryland plants are his passion. Panayoti has been with the Denver Botanic Gardens for over 40 years as a Senior Curator and Director of Outreach Panayoti began his career as curator of the Rock Alpine Garden which is a signature garden at DBG: the showcase of thousands of plants from around the world, many introduced to horticulture by Panayoti through Plant Select of which he was one of the original architects. He has explored much of North America including Mexico, the Andes in Chile and Argentina, Eurasia from Spain to Mongolia. He has travelled six times to South Africa—concentrating on the Drakensberg mountains and the Karoo. He has lectured in over 120 cities in 10 countries. He has received numerous honors including the Scott Medal of Swarthmore Arboretum and the Liberty Hyde Bailey award of the American Horticultural Society, both generally considered the top honors for horticulturists in the United States.

Filmed and edited by Adam Taub. Garden Vistas is a platform for diverse garden, gardening content."
 See more videos here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPpDwRriEVqNNqh07xwp6A
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 05:43:41 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal