Specific Families and Genera > Iris

Dividing Iris Lazica

(1/1)

daveyp1970:
Could somebody please me when the best time to divide Iris lazica?

Maggi Young:
Hi Davey! Nice problem to have - I think it's best  to wait  until at  least  June  to do that- not that I have  experience- but  luckily I know folks who do grow  it well!  Has it flowered well for you in other years?

Carolyn:
I don’t know for sure, but I am going to split one of mine after it has finished flowering. In the past I have just sliced a wedge of it off with a lawn edging tool, and this bit rooted well. I think I did that after flowering. My main clump is now too big and the rhizomes have risen up in a mound because they are too congested. This patch is in full sun, which is not the best lace for lazica - my other piece is in a damp spot in dappled shade and looks much better there. If only the slugs were not so fond of the flowers.....

daveyp1970:
Maggi its flowered lovely,sporadically,would love it if it was a single massive show but eh ho its still lovely.Thank you Carolyn for that info.
What i'm unsure on when the roots are produced on the new growths.Its a big plant so i'll take a piece of after the new growths are fully formed.Trail and error.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version