We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Hepatica 2021  (Read 78263 times)

Starking007

Re: Hepatica 2021
« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2021, 07:14:34 PM »
Die meisten sind eigene Findlinge
wie Püncktchen

Noch ein anderes

Das ist immer das Gleiche, hab nur eines davon.
Die blaustreifigen sind meist unterschiedliche Pflanzen.

kris

« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2021, 08:14:43 PM »
Herman, Poul, Starking -fantastic Hepaticas. Spring gives us great joy

Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

mellifera

« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2021, 07:27:30 AM »
Poul and starking007, thank´s for sharing!
Novum is very cute starking

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #378 on: March 26, 2021, 05:14:39 PM »
Leena, I got this Hepatica nobilis plena from Gotland in 2003 and divided it a few times, it is a good grower.

So it is quite old plant but also you have a really good soil for it to grow so well!
Last autumn I bought one double H.nobilis Gotland from Germany (still under snow), but maybe there are many forms of nobilis from Gotland around.

Poul and strking 007, you have so wonderful plants. Thanks for showing them.
Leena from south of Finland

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
« Reply #379 on: March 27, 2021, 12:43:57 AM »
Very beautiful Hepaticas from all! It seems that spring is in full swing in Europe.

The Hepatica japonica forms (3-4 years old) planted in the ground last summer are blooming, triggered by the unusual high temp. of this week. Today is back to reality and it will get colder but at least I know that they are cold resistant. They may even thrive, who knows? it is worth trying.

Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #380 on: March 27, 2021, 07:04:55 AM »
It is always so nice to see plants come through winter so fine:). Leaves of the blue one are beautifully patterned, but all flowers are very pretty, especially ones with darker stamens. Is the white one also H.japonica?
Leena from south of Finland

Herman Mylemans

• Gentians
« Reply #381 on: March 27, 2021, 10:09:06 AM »
Very beautiful Hepaticas from all! It seems that spring is in full swing in Europe.

The Hepatica japonica forms (3-4 years old) planted in the ground last summer are blooming, triggered by the unusual high temp. of this week. Today is back to reality and it will get colder but at least I know that they are cold resistant. They may even thrive, who knows? it is worth trying.

Gabriela, beautiful japonica's! They even look like nobilis. Here I have tried a few times japonica in the garden, but I always lose them after one or two years.
Belgium

Gabriela

« Reply #382 on: March 27, 2021, 02:56:15 PM »
It is always so nice to see plants come through winter so fine:). Leaves of the blue one are beautifully patterned, but all flowers are very pretty, especially ones with darker stamens. Is the white one also H.japonica?

Yes, the white is actually the only one that wasn't grown from seeds. I bought it years ago from a mail-order BC nursery (mix of seedlings, so I didn't know what will be). Then we got a killer winter and I almost kill it in my patio garden. There was no good drainage in the location it was planted (many other plants disappeared that year, including a H. transsilvanica). I saved one little piece and I was amazed it came back to life, albeit very, very slowly.
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5

Gabriela

« Reply #383 on: March 27, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »
Gabriela, beautiful japonica's! They even look like nobilis. Here I have tried a few times japonica in the garden, but I always lose them after one or two years.

Yes, I know it can happen, but since I have enough young plants and seedlings to spare I don't worry much about it.
Carpe diem with Hepaticas :)
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5

kris

« Reply #384 on: March 27, 2021, 05:06:00 PM »
Beautiful Hepatica japonica Gabriela. They glow in your garden.
Saskatoon,Canada
-35C to +30C

Herman Mylemans

• Gentians
« Reply #385 on: March 27, 2021, 06:57:16 PM »
Hepatica nobilis var. acuta

Hepatica transsilvanica 'Ada Scott'

Hepatica nobilis var. insularis

Belgium

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #386 on: March 28, 2021, 12:44:09 AM »
Nice hepaticas!
Lovely to see a double in such a big plant was it four that all grow well or is it different plants?. The light makes it difficult to see if they are identical or not! Hepatica Gotland seems to be a clumper as they say about bulbs. Is the foliage plain green or with marbled pattern?

Starking
Welcome to the forum and what an entrance you do!
Did you grow other spotted hepaticas in the garden or where did the spots come from?
Are they all nobilis? The transylvanicas are obviously not nobilis but all the spotted and skylines?

There is now a tremendous pattern and colour mix in nobilis as well!

Keep up the photos they are lovely

Here a bit of sun and warmer weather has got the hepaticas going :)
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #387 on: March 28, 2021, 12:50:38 AM »
From my box of joy
I have 4 nice nobilis in bloom
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #388 on: March 28, 2021, 12:59:09 AM »
I also have 3 transylvanica in flower from the shipment
1 of the many nonamed and Weinreich weisse and Supernova

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #389 on: March 28, 2021, 02:15:13 AM »
Not very friendly with the transfer of photos from phone to computer so sorry for that
I do have a question if acutoloba has bigger flowers than nobilis in general?
I have one as acutoloba and the foliage is a bit pointier than some nobilis but not totally different from all. It seems to have quite big flowers as big as transylvanica and significant bigger than the nobilis next to it. It might be a hybrid or not at all a acutoloba so if one can tell from a flower here is a picture

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal