We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Loss of a greatly valued supporter of SRGC  (Read 813 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Loss of a greatly valued supporter of SRGC
« on: September 05, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »
It   is  with great regret that I report  the  death of  Malcolm McGregor,  a tremendous  supporter  of the  SRGC over  many  years and  a  wonderful Editor  of  the  Rock Garden for  many  years,  bringing a  new vigour  to the  publication.   Malcolm will be  fondly  missed  by  his  many  friends  and  his family of  course - but  also by  at  least  three  major  plant organisations.   Malcolm's  favourite  plants  were  saxifrages and  he  wrote  the  definitive  book on these  plants. He  was  also much involved with the  Saxifraga  Society, as  their  Editor  and  also serving  as their President  at the  time  of  his  death.  Also a  long  time  member  of  NARGS, he  also served  as  the  Editor  of  the  NARGS Bulletin for  some  years, breathing  new  life  into it  when that was  so badly  needed.
 Malcolm travelled widely  in  many  countries, he wrote,  he  gave  talks, he  even lead  tours - he  was  a  real live-wire and  great company.   
His  family and beloved wife  Monica will be  bereft  without  him - as  will his  many  friends  and  admirers as  will his  many  friends  and  admirers and  I am sure  many  will join me  in sending them our  deepest sympathy.   

We  send  condolences  to Monica, their  sons and  wider  family - we  can feel your  sorrow  in  Malcolm's  loss and  join in missing  him.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Malcolm playing  with  his  first  grandchild

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
The  cover  of  Malcolm McGregor's  Saxifraga monograph.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 06:12:50 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal