We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ebay: Problem buyers??  (Read 1195 times)

Tim Harberd

Ebay: Problem buyers??
« on: July 05, 2020, 08:49:21 PM »
We've had quite a few threads about problem sellers..... But not buyers!!

I decided to dip my toe in the water and offered some Bertram Anderson over the weekend.

I was reasonably pleased with the result, until the buyer contacted me, thru' Ebay, to say

''Hi apologies but could you cancel this transaction?''

It's the first time I've ever sold anything on Ebay.... I was just trying it to see if I got on with the system!

Any thoughts from experienced Ebay sellers gratefully appreciated

Tim DH

WSGR

Re: Ebay: Problem buyers??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 06:14:35 AM »
You could ignore him and let ebay take actions. Just diplomatically say you will let ebay take actions.

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »
You could make a "second chance offer" to another bidder or bidders.  If they accept they would pay whatever their highest bid was.  You can do this anyway if you have more stock than you put up for auction.  I have done this several times when I had snowdrops to sell.  Of course this is a workaround rather than a solution for your problem with the winning bidder.
Almost in Scotland.

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 01:39:29 PM »
I've had a few like that, they have no intention of buying or buy elsewhere.  I had one persistent person who kept doing this and then decided it is easy to ban them from buying from me than go through all the hassle of trying to get paid. I reported her to eBay they just refunded the fees I would have to pay.  When she tried to buy again from me and couldn't she got quite nasty about being banned,  I reported her again to eBay life is to short to deal with people like that.
Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal