Cultivation > Cultivation Problems

Growing European gentians in a lawn meadow area

<< < (4/5) > >>

Maggi Young:
Thank you, Trond, aren't  they lovely?!

Tristan_He:
Those are superb Trond! Euphrasias are so pretty.

Update no. 1 on the acaulis - it's quite easy to mow over them without damage. I actually think they look slightly heathier in the grass already - a bit darker green. Maybe they are benefiting from some mycorhizae?

In the Swiss Alps I came across a delightful yellow flowered Euphrasia - but tiny flowered even for a Euphrasia. I'm afraid I have forgotten its name....

Hoy:

--- Quote from: Maggi Young on August 24, 2020, 02:52:09 PM ---Thank you, Trond, aren't  they lovely?!

--- End quote ---

You are welcome, Maggi! And yes, they are lovely. I often kneel to take a better look at them!

Hoy:

--- Quote from: Tristan_He on August 24, 2020, 07:12:38 PM ---Those are superb Trond! Euphrasias are so pretty.

Update no. 1 on the acaulis - it's quite easy to mow over them without damage. I actually think they look slightly heathier in the grass already - a bit darker green. Maybe they are benefiting from some mycorhizae?

In the Swiss Alps I came across a delightful yellow flowered Euphrasia - but tiny flowered even for a Euphrasia. I'm afraid I have forgotten its name....

--- End quote ---

I don't know about mycorrhizae which is quite possible, but I have wondered if the short lived (annuals, biennials) have a kind of hemiparasitic behavior? Seems that many plant species have a kind of root connection either directly or through some kind of fungus.

The Swiss Euphrasia looks wonderful - we have no yellows here.

Tristan_He:
...well, the gentians are still alive this spring, though looking a bit weather-beaten (as they often do at this time of year). We'll see how they grow once it warms up a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version