We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Dryad Nursery Snowdrops and Narcissus Ebay Listing 2020  (Read 5551 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Dryad Nursery Snowdrops and Narcissus Ebay Listing 2020
« on: January 07, 2020, 07:33:37 PM »
Happy New Year! Now the holidays are over and the post is back to normal, our first EBAY listings for 2020 can begin.

It is important to note that with the uncertainty over Brexit, this may be the last season that we can send Galanthus outside the UK without a CITES certificate. The high costs and amount of work involved in obtaining CITES certificates for individual plants means it will probably no longer be viable to post to the EU. Other bulbs such as Narcissus, may need phytosanitary certificates, also with associated costs. The message here is: If you are outside the UK, this may be your final chance to buy Dryad specialities direct from us.
I have made an effort to offer as many varieties as I can, and I am delighted to again be offering multi-nosed bulbs so you will quickly be able to get a good clump.

I’ve also decided, at last, to offer our final two named cultivars in the Dryad Gold series, following a number of inquiries about the larger clones. These two varieties, Dryad Gold Standard and Dryad Gold Sceptre, bring the total Dryad Gold family to 10 named varieties, which is half the number of clones we grow.
Our latest ‘Myths and Legends’ snowdrop – Dryad Echo, will also be offered in the next few weeks. Watch this space for more information on these beautiful, exclusive new snowdrops.

Finally, buyers should be aware that new regulations came into force in December 2019, requiring all plants sold by mail order or online to have a Plant Passport. I am happy to announce that I am now registered to issue plant passports, and so all our plants sold will be fully compliant with the new regulations. Customers can be assured of the quality and legitimacy of our plants. Dryad Nursery is proud of our feedback and careful of the trust put in us by our customers.
I sell on EBAY as DRYADZNY. I hope the first listings will begin later this week, all being well. They will be flagged up here as soon as they go live, and each listing will be for three days, so don’t miss out!
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
Re: Dryad Nursery Snowdrops and Narcissus Ebay Listing 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
Our first listings of 2020 are now live!

I’m delighted that I have bulbs of Galanthus Eilys Elisabeth Hartley to offer this year, after the unexpected slug attack of 2019! All proceeds from the first bulb, and 10% of the others of this variety will go to The Ally Cadence Trust for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, the charity which helps families affected by the disease suffered by Eilys, after whom the variety is named.
Please read her story in the listing and bid for her snowdrop. It is a wonderful variety, the earliest green tipped snowdrop we grow (not including G. reg-olgae) and has been in flower now for almost a month.

To keep Eilys company, there are our classic Dryad Gold varieties: -
Dryad Gold Sovereign – my favourite – very early, large flowered
Dryad Gold Medal – ideal to follow on being a little later. Beautiful rounded flowers .
Dryad Gold Star – one of the smallest, dainty and graceful, naturally small bulbs
Dryad Gold Charm – low growing with large flowers, it also makes large bulbs

All these Golds are admired for their vigour and fast increase, and multi-nosed bulbs are offered so you will rapidly have a wonderful clump.
As mentioned before, all the bulbs will come with the required Plant Passport in compliance with the new regulations.
Please find our listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3

Good Luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
  • General gardener & Galanthophile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
A field of yellows!

656247-0

Here is a shot of my spares pots of Anne Wright's Dryad Gold series, including Dryad Gold Medal, Dryad DG5 clone, Dryad Gold Charm, Dryad Gold Ingot and Dryad Gold Sceptre.

As you can see they look stunning and increase readily.

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
Anne

I had this response from Defra regarding exporting Orchids to EU countries after 31 January if we leave with a deal

When the UK leaves the EU with a deal at the end of January and enters into an ‘implementation period’ (IP), the rules around movement of CITES specimens between the EU and the UK will continue as they are currently, for the duration of the IP. What happens after this depends on what arrangements have been agreed during this period.

So we are okay up until 31 December 2020 after who knows!

Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 10:58:42 AM »
Our current listings finish tonight!
Eilys' snowdrop is doing well so far for the ACT charity, please bid and help this great cause, and at the same time get a wonderful snowdrop.
See our listings here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 09:00:39 PM »
Many thanks to all bidders for the fantastic result on Eilys Elisabeth Hartley - a fantastic amount for the charity involved.

Our listings for tonight contain choice varieties for every taste:
Our signature Dryad Golds are for those who love a patch of sunshine in the winter.
If green is more your thing, the classic Rosemary Burnham is ideal, green in and out, and Eilys Elisabeth Hartley is a favourite very early greentip (with a donation to ACT).
Not decided? Then you should look at Schorbuser Irrlicht from Hagen Engelmann, which gives you a bit of both, starting off green and maturing to yellow.
Prefer no colour at all? Then White Perfection is as white as they come!
All the bulbs listed are 'clumps-in-waiting', already multiple nosed and ready to give you a great display.
You can find them all here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3&fbclid=IwAR3OrCicmYnI504aMmni4pK7YWKxwYWqT40ZLHxgZJ_mUlXQnD8KnnQK-fQ

These listings end on Thursday - good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 09:10:43 PM »
In our listings tonight we are proud to offer the first bulb of Galanthus Dryad Gold Standard.
The 'Gold Standard' established a benchmark and guarantee of quality and value, and this snowdrop is a worthy inheritor of the name. A medium-tall, imposing variety with large bulbs, it has fine, large bell-shaped flowers, the incurving outer segments make them gently ‘quill’ into a point at their apices when mature. The large bulbs clump up quickly.
To keep it company, we have a selection of our classic Dryad Gold varieties spanning the wide range of forms and sizes of the group.
Not from our stable, but excellent nevertheless, we also list the poculiform White Perfection, the double Franz Josef, virescent Rosemary Burnham, and the rarely offered beautiful plicatus 'Yvonne', an Ian Christie introduction and PC award winner.

All the bulbs listed are 'clumps-in-waiting', already multiple nosed and ready to give you a great display.

You can find them all here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3&fbclid=IwAR3OrCicmYnI504aMmni4pK7YWKxwYWqT40ZLHxgZJ_mUlXQnD8KnnQK-fQ

These listings end on Wednesday - good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 11:50:17 AM »
Some of Anne's Dryad Gold beauties finishing tonight on Ebay.

Dryad Gold Standard
656879-0

Dryad Gold Charm
656881-1

Dryad Gold Medal
656883-2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 09:05:35 PM »
In our listings tonight you are spoilt for choice!

After 9 years work, and trialling here for stability and reliability, Dryad Nursery are proud to offer the first ever bulb of the latest variety in our Myths and Legends series, from our inverse poculiform snowdrop breeding programme.
Galanthus Dryad Echo is named for the beautiful nymph of the woods and mountains, cursed to repeat the last words she heard. Much like Narcissus and his pool, this is a snowdrop you could gaze at endlessly!
Echo is a heavenly, statuesque and imposing snowdrop, easily recognised by a mysterious pale ‘echo’ spot above the dark green mark on the outers, and a corresponding pale mirroring of the dark inverted V on the inners. It is honey-scented, vigorous and increases well here. 

It is a worthy companion to Demeter, Artemis and Venus.

Alongside Echo, we offer four of our classic Dryad Golds - Charm, Nugget, Ribbon and Star - all in multi-nosed 'clumps in waiting'!

Two of the most sought-after yellow snowdrops, excepting our Dryad Golds, Elizabeth Harrison and Ronald Mackenzie also make their first appearance this season.

Tonight's two greens are the reliable Rosemary Burnham, and the last one of our favourite Eilys Elizabeth Hartley (10% proceeds from the latter to ACT charity).

Finally, Don Armstrong is a rarely offered elegant, pristine white poculiform hailing from Canada.

They finish on Sunday night, and can be found here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3&fbclid=IwAR29Nzivh3zDUjS_WhkmCyTerdWenqdmx5WLNTlmXsiHJ-bnj-hLkzs0yGQ

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 04:24:01 PM »
A reminder that Anne Wright's latest offering finishes tonight at 18:45 UK time!

Included are her first offering of the divine Dryad Echo, one of her Myths & Legends series plus other Dryad Golds (see Dryad Gold Nugget) and other belters!

657068-0

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 05:08:53 PM »
Anne

I had this response from Defra regarding exporting Orchids to EU countries after 31 January if we leave with a deal

When the UK leaves the EU with a deal at the end of January and enters into an ‘implementation period’ (IP), the rules around movement of CITES specimens between the EU and the UK will continue as they are currently, for the duration of the IP. What happens after this depends on what arrangements have been agreed during this period.

So we are okay up until 31 December 2020 after who knows!
That’s a relief, at least for now!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 09:03:49 PM »
After many requests, tonight's listings include the fabulous Dryad Demeter, only the third bulb we have released. Regrettably, there will only be one bulb this season, as one of my staff knocked the flower off the other (OK, it was me).
GALANTHUS DRYAD DEMETER has solid virescent characteristics, more oil paint than watercolour! Demeter is the Greek goddess of agriculture and vegetation (also known as Anesidora, sending gifts up from the earth). In the ancient Greek religion of  Hellenismos she is associated with the colour green. I believe this snowdrop redefines the notion of virescent. The outer segments are prettily flanged at the edges, white with a solid emerald green mark reaching almost to the base, and with a notch at the apex. The inner segments are all green with a narrow white rim and narrow sinus.
It is a short to mid-height snowdrop growing to about 16cm high under glass, probably shorter in the open. Leaves are short at flowering time, displaying the erect flower stems beautifully. The bulbs increase well - one of the bulbs split into 14 daughter bulbs last summer!

She is attended by two of our signature Golds - Dryad Gold Ribbon, and Dryad Gold Nugget, both multinosed for rapid establishment.

Also in the running:
•   a multinosed plant of the beautiful Elizabeth Harrison
•   the rarely offered neat ipoc Corrin from Rannveig Wallis
•   the virescent with the watercolour wash 'glow' - Simply Glowing
•   The very rare hybrid between G. koenenianus and G. fosteri, also from Rannveig Wallis
•   the easy and vigorous little poculiform, Prestwood White
•   the cheeky double who will look you in the face - Miss Prissy

Last, but by no means least, a new introduction from Estonia - G plicatus KERA, a superb globular flower with a heavy texture to the outers, on a sturdy, compact plant.

They finish on Monday night, and can be found here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_ssn=dryadzny&_sop=3&fbclid=IwAR29Nzivh3zDUjS_WhkmCyTerdWenqdmx5WLNTlmXsiHJ-bnj-hLkzs0yGQ

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 10:35:05 AM »
A reminder that our current listings finish TONIGHT! This is your only chance to obtain Dryad Demeter this season.

Also available:
•   Dryad Gold Ribbon - mid-height and large flowered
•   Dryad Gold Nugget - compact with rounded flowers
•   a multinosed plant of the beautiful Elizabeth Harrison
•   the rarely offered neat ipoc Corrin from Rannveig Wallis
•   the virescent with the watercolour wash 'glow' - Simply Glowing
•   The very rare hybrid between G. koenenianus and G. fosteri, also from Rannveig Wallis
•   the easy and vigorous little poculiform, Prestwood White
•   the cheeky double who will look you in the face - Miss Prissy

Last, but by no means least, a new introduction from Estonia - G plicatus KERA, a superb globular flower with a heavy texture to the outers, on a sturdy, compact plant.

They can be found here:

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 10:37:46 AM by annew »

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 09:03:38 PM »
The star of our ebay listings tonight is our first release of 'Dryad Gold Sceptre', the last of our Dryad Gold cultivars to be named.
A Gold Sceptre is a gold staff or wand, held by a monarch as a symbol of authority. Beautiful and stately, Dryad Gold Sceptre is a proud example of a striking, gold snowdrop, which will distinguish any collection. it is a strong-growing, medium tall cultivar, whose flowers are among the largest in the group. It makes large bulbs which increase well.

Not one, but two first offerings - we also list for the first time one of the new Estonian Birds series of double snowdrops bred by that great plantsman Taavi Tuulik, who also introduced the covetable Estonian Spirit group of yellow snowdrops. This variety is named Kiur, which is the Estonian name for Tree Pipit (Anthus trivialis).
 'KIUR' is a neat little double, flowering at about 10cm high, the flowers are usually very regular, with 3 outer segments and a beautifully regular boss of inner segments, each boldly marked with a green 'bridge' at the sinus, flaring into a wide oval towards the base.
The bulbs are vigorous and increase well - a gem!

These two are accompanied by the last of our 'Dryad Gold Nugget' and 'Ribbon' - both 'clumps-in-waiting' - so this is your final chance to add these to your collection for this season.

'Ronald Mackenzie' and 'Elizabeth Harrison' also make an appearance in the yellow corner!
The other 3 plants offered have something of a GREEN theme - Corrin, the rare and lovely compact ipoc from Rannveig Wallis, and 2 cultivars with deep green LEAVES:

- the unfortunately named (if you are trying to get it on a 4" label) 'Richard Nutt's Green-leaved hybrid', a botanical curiosity and conversation starter, and..

- the aptly named G. ikariae 'Emerald Isle', glossy emerald leaves and flowers also washed with green.

This listing finishes on Friday, and as usual, you can find them all here:

Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

annew

• Daff as a brush
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
Finishing tonight - a symphony of greens and yellows, and a dinky new double.

Firstly, Dryad Gold Sceptre - this is the ONLY BULB to be offered this spring, so please don't miss out if you want to add this one to your collection.

Gorgeous greens are Corrin, Emerald Isle and Richard Nutt's Green Leaved Hybrid (maybe someone will take pity and shorten the name a bit)

Classy yellows are Dryad Golds Ribbon and Nugget - last ones this spring - Elizabeth Harrison, and Ronald Mackenzie.

Finally - the first chance to get one of the new Estonian Bird Doubles, the exceptionally well-formed 'Kiur'.

As usual, you can find them here:
Good luck!

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal