We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Notice of a new website to look forward to!  (Read 1634 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Notice of a new website to look forward to!
« on: July 31, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »
 From Kristl Walek  ( formerly  owner  of  Gardens  North seeds and  author  of  My  Slice  of  Paradise pages  on the  Forum)

"A peek at my new educational website (wildplantsfromseed.com), which should be live by the end of 2019. At this point it covers native plants of eastern Canada (perhaps someone will take up the banner to add western Canada) with a focus on their sexual (seed) reproduction. The plants have all been photographed in the wild from bloom to seed. Information includes seed identification, timing of seed ripeness, collection, handling, cleaning, storage and of course germination. Gillenia (Portheranthus) trifoliata is shown; although it may not remain on the site as it is now extirpated in Ontario. "

649487-0

I wish Kristl all the  best in the  continuing  work on the  new  website  - the  information there  will be  of  great  use  and  interest  to us all.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Diane Whitehead

• Queen (of) Victoria
Re: Notice of a new website to look forward to!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 08:39:12 PM »
Has anyone managed to log in to Kristl's new website?

I tried but just got a tiny white box asking me to log in with a name and password.  No picture.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:04:47 PM by Diane Whitehead »
Diane Whitehead        Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
cool mediterranean climate  warm dry summers, mild wet winters  70 cm rain,   sandy soil

GordonT

Re: Notice of a new website to look forward to!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 03:23:20 PM »
Hello Diane, and everyone, I contacted Kristl directly to let her know this issue, and she sent me this reply to alert everyone to the latest about the website:

"Because of covid we have had a major holdup with the native seed site as the finishing part required an actual physical meeting with the web developer (from Toronto area), which, of course has had to be put on hold until we could finally do it. who knows when that might be, sadly."

The greater Toronto area has one of Canada's higher incidents of Covid19 cases, The greater Toronto region is in Lockdown, and the counties adjacent to it are under strict Control measures. The vaccine has just arrived in Canada, so things may eventually ease, time will tell.In the meantime I am sure we are all looking forward to the new resource Kristl is building.
Southwestern Nova Scotia,
Zone 6B or above , depending on the year.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal