We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Sad week for SRGC folks.  (Read 1149 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Sad week for SRGC folks.
« on: June 15, 2019, 02:20:32 PM »
On Thursday 13th June, Ron Bezzant, husband, father, SRGC member, pilot and  general good  man passed away.  Ron and  his  wife  Lyn were   for  some  years  joint  Show  Secretaries  of the  Glasgow  Show. They worked together  for the  RHS  Joint  Rock Garden Plant  Committee, the  two of them  were welcome  fixtures at any  SRGC  event.  It  is  very  sad to hear  of his  passing. There will be  many  who join with me  in sending  condolences and  best wishes  to Lyn and their  family.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Ron and  Lyn Bezzant with  Anne  Leven
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:33:41 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
Re: Sad week for SRGC folks.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »
News  today in the  forum, from  Peter  Taggart, of the  death of  his  father, Dr Jim Taggart, of the  Linn Botanic Garden. 

"I am sorry to have to tell the world that My father, Jim Taggart, (Dr James Taggart) died yesterday morning in bed at my house.
Since my brothers death in Vietnam he set about a backlog of work in The Linn, initially with a lot of help with my sister. However, in the past couple of years he neglected himself very badly, and the garden there has deteriorated again as he became ill. There has been much estrangement in my very dysfunctional family, and I had no input in the place while my brother was in charge. Bridges were built though, and I spent a lot of the past couple of years with my father.
He was admitted to hospital delirious, and in a very weak state, having refused medical help. He was diagnosed with self neglect from dementia but I feel that many of the symptoms were part of his character. For two or three weeks he was nearly back to full lucidity when he came to stay with me. In the past few months he had really moved on from The Linn, and called my house home. I suppose my happiest memory of this period is seeing him in the window, watching for me in my new garden which he was keen to sponsor, and never regained the strength to work in. "

Sympathy to  Peter  and to the  family  and  friends  of Jim and the  Linn.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
Re: Sad week for SRGC folks.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »
The  funeral service  for Ron  Bezzant will take  place  on Friday 21st June  at noon in the  Bannockburn (Stirlingshire) Crematorium -
Falkirk Road,
Bannockburn,
Stirling
FK7 8AJ

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:58:57 PM by Maggi Young »

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal