We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New member seeks help  (Read 1632 times)

colin@madwolf.co.uk

New member seeks help
« on: June 08, 2019, 07:15:42 AM »
Hi, I live on the West Coast of Scotland and am having some trouble obtaining the plants I want, I knew Aberconwy Nurseries very well when we lived near them, but they do not do mail order.  Is anyone from Scotland going to the Scottish Rock Garden Event at Lockerbie on the 22nd and 23rd of June ??  Maybe if you would be able to pick up some plants from Tim for me at that event and then I can pick up from a nearer location ?  Unless of course there is a nursery I haven't heard of any nearer that has a good range of Porophylum sax's as well as some unusual alpines. Thanks in advance

Dionysia

Re: New member seeks help
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 07:43:19 AM »
According to their website Aberconwy are attending the David Boyd event at Lockerbie.
Paul
 in Chippenham

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 07:21:17 PM »
Not a particularly good time of the year to be sourcing Porophylum Sax's I would have thought?

Kevock; Edrom; Ardfearn; Craigiehall; Rumbling Bridge; and in the North of England Hartside Nursery Garden and Harperley Hall Farm Nurseries.

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 07:42:24 PM »
Find  nursery  contact  details  in the  SRGC Links pages :
http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?action=links

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

colin@madwolf.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 06:02:19 AM »
Not a particularly good time of the year to be sourcing Porophylum Sax's I would have thought?

Kevock; Edrom; Ardfearn; Craigiehall; Rumbling Bridge; and in the North of England Hartside Nursery Garden and Harperley Hall Farm Nurseries.

Thanks, tried all those, Rumbling bridge have been great but only have one porophylum !

colin@madwolf.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 06:04:09 AM »
Find  nursery  contact  details  in the  SRGC Links pages :
http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?action=links
Thanks Maggi, that was my first port of call and still wading through, but I was a little disappointed to find that it wasn't a list of Scottish Nurseries - might that be a good thing to do ??

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 08:37:00 AM »
........but I was a little disappointed to find that it wasn't a list of Scottish Nurseries - might that be a good thing to do ??

Largely because we are an international organisation with contacts and members throughout the World.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal