We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: I am seeking articles for the next Crocus Group newsletter.  (Read 2319 times)

matoutdoors

Hello members of the forum.

I am a very infrequent visitor to the forum. I rarely have the time. Alas!!

For those that do not know me. My name is Mat Murray. I am one of the editors for the Crocus Group newsletter. I am in the process of compiling the next Newsletter. If any of you have any articles, or would like to contribute to the newsletter with perhaps your favourite species of Crocus. Please contact me on mathew_murray@hotmail.com.

thanks

mat
Member from the Blue Mountains. West of Sydney, Australia. Particularly interested in Crocus, Allium, Corydalis and Fritillaria

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: I am seeking articles for the next Crocus Group newsletter.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 12:02:15 PM »
Hi Mat,

It  occurs to me that  many of the Crocus enthusiasts on  social media may not  be aware of the many  resources for the genus on this site  - it might be  an idea for you to include  the following information in the newsletter .......

http://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=international   For the free monthly e-magazine which included articles discussing  Crocus and also describing  various new  Crocus  species.  There is also a full index on the main page.

http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?board=10.0     for all things  Crocus including  regular  posts  from Janis Ruksans, Crocus  Maestro.....

also in the forum, there is the  dedicated area for the  Crocus Group, and the  archive of  Crocus Group  Newsletters ...  http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=12387.0

http://www.srgc.org.uk/genera/index.php?log=crocus  The most up to date  version of the  original Crocus Pages.

And not  forgetting     http://crocusmania.blogspot.com/search/label/Crocus/   for  Ibrahim Sozen's  excellent crocus site.

Cheers,

Maggi
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »
It  occurs to me that  many of the Crocus enthusiasts on  social media may not  be aware of the many  resources for the genus on this site  - it might be  an idea for you to include  the following information in the newsletter .......

Yes, I second that most strongly. There are many of us with every intention of avoiding the need for any involvement in the world of the so-called social media!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

matoutdoors

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 12:06:58 AM »
Hello Maggi .... I hope you and Ian are well??

Thats a great Idea. I will indeed include those links.

For the next newsletter I plan to post it on the forum and send out the links to the Crocus Group members. That way members inboxs are not overloaded with huge files.

Will that be OK?

mat
Member from the Blue Mountains. West of Sydney, Australia. Particularly interested in Crocus, Allium, Corydalis and Fritillaria

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 12:31:49 PM »
Of course - the  SRGC  has  always  been keen to assist the  Crocus Group and  we  in the  Web Team will do whatever we  can to help that.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
A thought - perhaps  a  list  of  Crocus  species a descriptions and  articles  published  by  Janis Ruksans in the  International Rock Gardener  magazine would  be  of  interest to those who may not  be aware of those. All are  free access, of course so all that  is  needed is  internet access to download the  issues involved.

matoutdoors

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 02:14:55 AM »
Thanks so much Maggi. Much appreciated!!

Im a little confused?? A list of all species currently known??

mat

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 02:32:37 PM »
No Mat, the  recent  species and  re-naming  published  in IRG  by Janis - the  most  public access  articles  on the  subject  recently  published.  I will send you a  list  when I  have time  - Janis' work in IRG  has  been a remarkable  addition to  Crocus  knowledge - whether or  not  one  subscribes to his  conclusions - tremendous information on  his  work with the  genus.   

matoutdoors

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 11:37:25 PM »
Awesome .... that would be great maggi.  Many thanks

mat

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal