We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Nature Walks in Sicily  (Read 936 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Nature Walks in Sicily
« on: March 04, 2019, 04:08:24 PM »
I have been sent  some details of these  guided walks in Sicily - I know nothing about the company other than what I see on their  website - but it looks tempting!

Spring Nature Walks in the Wonderful Madonia Park

For the second year, The Real Sicily is offering a Spring Nature Walks week in the Madonia mountains, Sicily’s first regional park, from May 11-18, 2019. Spring in the Madonia mountains, which rise to 6500 feet, is the most miraculous time of the year, with breath-taking displays of wild flowers, glorious bird song and some fascinating ancient trees. The Madonia are home to 50% of Sicily’s indigenous plants and 73 species of orchid.

This year’s guide, Marc Carlton, will lead a week of guided daily nature walks in diverse areas and botanical zones of the Madonia, the southernmost extension of Italy’s Appenine chain. On a series of medium-length group walks in a variety of habitats, Marc will be talking about the wild plants and insects en route and offering an insight into the ecology of this unique limestone range.

http://therealsicily.com/nature-walks/

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal