We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Crossing the Andes from west to east by foot  (Read 5493 times)

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
Re: Crossing the Andes from west to east by foot
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2019, 11:59:00 PM »
Trond, just out of sheer curiosity the final road where was it leading to? Was it near the Pampa de Leoncito astronomical observatory?
Arturo

No, it was leading to Barreal in the province of San Juan. We hit the road at Estancia Las Hornillas.
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

hamparstum

• knowledge unexercised is wasted learning
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
Trond Thank you very much...many years ago I passed through along that road. Pampa de Leoncito would have been in the other direction of the same road. It is with great happiness that I see that it is now also used for nature trekking. There's something eerie and majestic at the same time with those vast landscapes...at times breathtaking. Very much in common with the landscapes just a few minutes away from here, only at a much lower altitude. I wonder how many of your pictured alpines could be brought to grow in lower elevations . Some of them are real gems.
Arturo
Arturo Tarak

ArnoldT

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2019, 02:45:48 PM »
I think it is reminiscent of a Martian landscape.

Arnold Trachtenberg
Leonia, New Jersey

Geri88

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2019, 06:32:55 PM »
Thank you for sharing! I must admit when I read the title of the thread, my first thought went to this movie (although they crossed from east to west if I remember correctly):

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal