We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Watering with Peroxide? Rot-prone Plants from High-altitude Streamsides  (Read 1140 times)

cosine_alpines

I received a copy of Robert Rolfe's The Alpine House for Christmas and on pg. 29 the author states that "even where the ground appears permanently saturated, the water is invariably moving; draining away down the slopes to be replaced by highly oxygenated supplies from above." Also, "a high proportion of alpines with swollen tap-roots favour well-drained sites."

I've tried some plants that fit both categories, such as the Himalayan rhubarbs, without success, even with sharp drainage and ample moisture. I was wondering if anyone has tried watering with cold, oxygenated water or even a weak hydrogen peroxide solution.

Thanks for the feedback,
-joe

Jan Jeddeloh

Re: Watering with Peroxide? Rot-prone Plants from High-altitude Streamsides
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 03:30:11 AM »
Well that's an interesting idea.  How exactly would you get cold oxygenated water? 

Jan, Portland, Oregon, USA
Jan Jeddeloh, Portland, Oregon, USA zone 8

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal