We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Clematis alionuska propagation  (Read 1122 times)

brianw

Clematis alionuska propagation
« on: September 09, 2018, 04:28:35 PM »
There is a plant of this in a friend's garden, that is about to be sold, and I would like to try propagating it. I have rooted cuttings of climbing species and hybrids but never the "herbaceous" type and maybe not at this time of year before, when there is little soft growth. It is a very mature plant,currently flowering well, and lifting is not on. From my last attempt with climbing clematis quite a low proportion finally developed good roots, the rest looking fine for months but no roots in the end. As it is such a mature plant am I likely to be able to cut a section off the root ball with maybe a root or 2 on it?

(Yes I know the name is spelled several ways ;-) )
Edge of Chiltern hills, 25 miles west of London, England

Véronique Macrelle

Re: Clematis alionuska propagation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:46:02 PM »
I managed many cuttings of Clematis heracleifolia from lignified sections in autumn and early in the morning (when I recipe it). there are more successes with hormone.
 but I do not know if C. alionuska makes wood.

- recover seeds

- try some bases of stems with the underground part.

will you give the results of your attempts? I'm interested

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal