We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Omphalodes cappadocica 'Cherry Ingram'  (Read 1217 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Omphalodes cappadocica 'Cherry Ingram'
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:53:06 PM »
I have a nice plant of the above I've had for around 4 years and have always left it to it's own devices. The other day I moved a neighbouring plant to a new location and I noticed that the base of 'Cherry Ingram' was a mass of old leaves and stems. Maybe this is the way it likes to grow, and it has always looked good and flowered well, but am I trying to be too tidy by wanting to cut it back and tidy it up?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Carolyn

Re: Omphalodes cappadocica 'Cherry Ingram'
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 10:38:12 PM »
Mine is like that too, David. According to the RHS website, it should be cut back after flowering - much like pulmonarias, I suppose, which I do usually cut back as they often get mildew.
We never stop learning, do we? Another task to add to my list in a few weeks time.
Carolyn McHale
Gardening in Kirkcudbright

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 06:19:36 PM »
Thanks Carolyn. Since I have recently been banned (by the household higher authority!) from anymore pruning of any kind, without detailed supervision as I'm prone to make a mess of any I do I shall leave 'Cherry Ingram' until she is available. Maybe proof of my lack of skill is shown below in my Aethionema 'Warley Rose' that I had a go at last year ::)

617208-0
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Carolyn

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 06:53:19 PM »
Plenty of flowers on it anyway!
Carolyn McHale
Gardening in Kirkcudbright

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal