We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Flowering for the first time  (Read 790 times)

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
Flowering for the first time
« on: April 08, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »
I bought Paraquilegia anemonoides about 4 years ago and planted it in a tiny sink full of tufa rock, kindly given to me by Peter Hood (thank you again Peter). Today I have noticed a flower bud for the first time, I’m thrilled!
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

ArdfearnAli

• Ardfearn Nursery
Re: Flowering for the first time
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 02:15:04 PM »
Its looking very happy there. I forgot how long they can sometimes take to flower. I used to grow it in the alpine house and also on in a trough but afraid lost them a few years ago. I hope to aquire some again from one of the srgc shows. When I did have it I used to hand pollinate the flowers as they quite often opened without many insects around. Worth a try to see if you can get some seed.

Alasdair

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
Re: Flowering for the first time
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 03:15:05 PM »
Thanks for the tip Alisdair, only one flower so far though, yet to open properly ...  I remember Ron McBeath showing me his one time, on a wall facing the sea and all the weather that brings, it was blooming merrily away...
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal