We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: January 2007 Downunder  (Read 14892 times)

Geebo

• Field of Blooms Nursery
Re: January 2007 Downunder
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »
Hi Fermi,
Yep thats the one,Ilove that plant flowered for nearly tree months,the picture is not great,hope the are improved lately,got the hang of the new camera bit better,I send you a list of the Salvias I grow here.some are not that hardy but I take no chances and take a few cuttings to be on the safe site.

Hi Lesley,
Looking at the Clematis,is this also sold as the Tangutica "Orange Peel" ?Flowers from the end of summer wel in to autumn.
There is a wholesale Nurserie in Dublin supply them under that name.
Gheers Geebo.
Ireland , Co Tipperary

http://www.fieldofblooms.ie

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 08:56:24 PM »
Geebo, Clematis tangutica is another yellow species and yes, is often known as the "orange peel" clematis. The flowers are very large in the best forms and the tepals are curled or slightly reflexed outwards. I guess the two species are related though. Because of the colour, I think lemons are more appropriate than oranges. Tangutica makes a million seedlings as does akebioides.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »
Four pics today. The garden generally is looking a little shabby as it usualy does before we get good(!) autumn rain and some new growth. The weldenias are putting on new stems however and if Geebo is out there reading this, I'll get one sent away beginning of next week.

First, Lysimachia punctata `Alexander' which I regret buying and may heave out. I don't like the combination of variegation and bright yellow, especially as the new growth is pink as well. Truly horrible.

Then comes my favourite Roscoea R. purpurea v. procera. Dave replaced this for me after I lost my originals long time ago. The first ones, I grew from Joe Elliott's Broadwell Alpines seed, back before I was married so pre 1965.

This I grew from AGS or SRGC seed as Rodophiala species ex BCW but no collection number. It is basically another of Fermi's rainlilies (a name we don't use here) and I think the soft lemon colour is beautiful. This is the first flower, taken in strong wind so a bit blurry.

And finally, the pretty fruit on Daphne oleoides, some ripe and some coming. Would anyone like a few?

Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007, 01:38:52 AM »
If Rob Krejzl is out there lurking, would he email me please? I have some seed for him, promised last year but there wasn't any available (foul weather.) Plenty this year of Lilium nanum, oxypetalum v. insigne and lophophorum v. linarioides). I need a postal address. Thanks Rob.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal