We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Primula reptans and Saxifraga retusa availability  (Read 1111 times)

ArdfearnAli

• Ardfearn Nursery
Primula reptans and Saxifraga retusa availability
« on: March 02, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
Hi there,
            Due to the cold weather I have finally had time to search for a couple of plants I have been looking to replace for years but alas can find no trace online or in catalogues anywhere. I am looking for plants or seed of Primula reptans and also plants or cuttings of Saxifraga retusa. I used to have them years ago but lost them. I know Primula reptans is difficult but it is my favourite and would love to get it back again. Saxifraga retusa used to be available but for some reason it has disappeared as well. (Perhaps it is under a new name). I used to have it in a small trough which did very well until I think the Blackbirds destroyed it. If anyone knows where I might get them I would be very grateful.

Alasdair

Matt T

• Nuts about Narcissus
Re: Primula reptans and Saxifraga retusa availability
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
I acquired a small plant of Sax. retusa last year. If you have no luck, and can wait a while I could try a cutting for you.
Matt Topsfield
Isle of Benbecula, Western Isles where it is mild, windy and wet! Zone 9b

"There is no mistake too dumb for us to make"

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »
Ali, according to The RHS Planfinder, Aberconwy have Saxifraga retusa (but you know what The Plantfinder is like these days!) . enquiries@aberconwynursery.co.uk or 01492 580875
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ArdfearnAli

• Ardfearn Nursery
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »
Thanks Matt and David,
                  Matt, a small cutting would be great. Will speak to you at one of the srgc shows in the near future
 David I will get in touch with Keith to see if he has it and perhaps it could be brought to one of the shows if they are attending.

Thanks for the help

Alasdair

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal