We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: April 2018 in Northern Hemisphere  (Read 16281 times)

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
Re: April 2018 in Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2018, 12:25:27 PM »
Thanks Leena.  Both look wonderful.  Perhaps your more 'continental' climate also intensifies the colour.

I think that when it is warmer, the colours "fade" fast and when it is colder (less than 10C) then the colours stay stronger for a longer time. The picture with C.herbertii was taken in backlight so the colours seem very intense, but in reality especially 'Cherry Lady' is the most red which I have. C.solida 'Red Lion' is also very red. Many red solidas get more blueish tint in their red as the flowering advances. It is the same with red hybrid peonies.

Ah yes Augis Bulbs does anyone know if Eugenijus Dambrauskas is likely to be selling again?

I haven't heard about anyone in Finland ordering from him this year. :( Someone said that maybe he is finishing his business, but I don't know if that is true or not.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal