We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Wanted: Deutzia spec.BO - 15 -150  (Read 1681 times)

Hans J

• Gardener and Gourmet
Wanted: Deutzia spec.BO - 15 -150
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:38:01 AM »
Hello

In 2016 I have sown seeds from Björnar Olsen (http://Trillium.no). seeds of Philadelphus spec. BO -15 -150
... unfortunately nothing germinates until today

Yesterday, when Björnar's new list was online, I saw that this Philadelphus was now listed as Deutzia BO - 15 -150 http://ChineseAlpines.com

I would be very interested in this plant so I would like to ask here in the forum if maybe someone has also sown these plants? (with more success than me)

If any of them have surplus seedlings I would like to swap - I can offer many other seedlings of trees and shrubs (also from seeds of Björnar)

About offers, I would be very happy because it is not worth to make a  order for one plant ( and also I would save time )

Thank you in advance

Hans
"The bigger the roof damage, the better the view"(Alexandra Potter)

Garden Prince

Re: Wanted: Deutzia spec.BO - 15 -150
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
Seeds of Philadelphus and Deutzia species need to be surface sown as they need light to germinate. For some species a short stratification period will greatly improve germination.

My method: surface sow seeds in January. Put a clear plastic cover over the pot with the seeds. Place the seed pot outside in a cold frame. Germination follows in March/April.

Example: Philadelphus lewisii

Hans J

• Gardener and Gourmet
Re: Wanted: Deutzia spec.BO - 15 -150
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »
Hello Gardenprince ,

Thank you for your answer

I have sown those seeds ( Philadelphus/ Deutzia )on the surface - only covered with a little gritt
It has well worked ( 2016 ) for  Philadelphus delavayii BO-15-149 ( I have a lot seedlings )
Also I had a good germination ( 2017 ) with Deutzia spec.Sichuan - BO-16-041
But nothing on Deutzia spec. BO - 15 - 150 ( 2016 )

In last winter I have tested this method :

It works good !

Best wishes
Hans
"The bigger the roof damage, the better the view"(Alexandra Potter)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal