Cultivation > Composts

Pumice

(1/12) > >>

Slug Killer:
Hi, I'm after some pumice as an Italian friend swears by it but I'm finding it hard to get hold of in the UK. Any ideas?

Ps I'm new here so this might have been covered before. Sorry if it has.

Maggi Young:
Various folks have mentioned the use of Pumice, and we did have a query about availability of similar products in Europe, but came to no firm conclusions at that time. Some members have mentioned their trips to buy Pumice for their garden use, this has mostly been in Germany, as I recall. Let's hope someone comes up with a good suggestion for you SlugKiller. Welcome to the Forum, by the way!

Martin Baxendale:

--- Quote from: Slug Killer on March 29, 2008, 03:18:45 PM ---Hi, I'm after some pumice as an Italian friend swears by it but I'm finding it hard to get hold of in the UK. Any ideas?
--- End quote ---

Are you looking for pumice grit? If so I know a set-up who used to supply it in various grades and I'll be checking on Monday to see if they can still supply, as I need new supplies, so can post confirmation then.

Slug Killer:
Hi, thanks that would be great. I did have some before that was around the 5mm-7mm size and I grew my Cypripediums in it. They loved the stuff with a mix of perlite, John Innes 1 and some fine Melcourt potting bark. We need more volcanoes in the UK :)

Slug Killer:
Thanks Rob, what a forum, Ive been looking for ages and now I've just ordered some in less than a few hours of posting on here. :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version