Cultivation > Composts

Bone Meal

<< < (2/2)

Yann:
bone meal is not sale anymore in EEC in powdered form due to sanity problem(Inhalation and animal virus). I know only one manufacture authorised to produce powder and sold under different brands (Solabiol in FR, Vitax in UK), the corn are sourced from organic cows. The main production is sourced from industrial livestock (full of drugs, etc).

Yann:
David, making my annual order from Elixir Garden i've seen bone meal in powder :
https://www.elixirgardensupplies.co.uk/bone-meal-organic-garden-fertiliser.html

David Nicholson:
Thank you Yann but I now have a choice of traditional powdered bone meal brands from Doff and Vitax from a local garden centre.

ChrisB:
I got the same shock last time I bought it David.  I picked up some Q4 stuff on sale though, and it smells an awful lot like bone meal to me, but a better gauge is that our dog, Poppy says it's bone meal!  Give it a try....

Erika:
Hello, Now is the time I repot dormant bulbs. I always add bone meal to it but wondered what sort of proportions to add i.e. 10cm pot? Although these are repotted now they are not watered until cooler weather.  Is it okay to leave the granules in the dry soil? I’ve been doing this for years  but thought I’d pose the question. Thanks, Erika

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version