We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: AGS show Cleveland 2008  (Read 12631 times)

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
Re: AGS show Cleveland 2008
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 10:59:28 PM »
Thank you Diane. Beautiful pictures!
Worth staying up so late (midnight here) and look at your pictures.  :D :D
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Rob

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 11:17:19 PM »
Thanks for the show report. It's great seeing all the pictures.
Midlands, United Kingdom

ian mcenery

• Maverick Midlander
  • Always room for another plant
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 12:40:37 AM »
Diane as one of those who rolled over and went back to sleep thanks.

How did the Colchicum do?
Ian McEnery Sutton Coldfield  West Midlands 600ft above sea level

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 03:30:38 AM »
Wonderful pictures Diane. What a show it must have been! I love your frit, whatever it turns out to be, and the others too of course. And Oh those Corydalis :P

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:28:17 PM by Maggi Young »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Diane Clement

• the people's Pepys
  • gone to seed
    • AGS Midland Garden Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 07:39:11 AM »
Diane as one of those who rolled over and went back to sleep thanks.  How did the Colchicum do?

The colchicum had its moment of glory at Blackpool where it got an Award of Merit from Joint Rock
(see Mick McLoughlin's posting http://www.srgc.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1521.20 )

Sadly, by Cleveland, it was going decidedly papery so it didn't make it.  I'm now desperately trying to keep as much of it as possible going for next year.  It does like quite a lot of water from now to form its leaves but it has a nasty habit of rotting at the base of the leaves and I nearly always lose some of the corms so the potful hasn't really increased for the last 3 years. 

Diane Clement, Wolverhampton, UK
Director, AGS Seed Exchange

Martinr

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 09:18:57 AM »
Some pictures of plants not posted by Diane (and one or two repeats because they deserve it). In this first batch we have Saxifraga Lismore Carmine, Primula allionii, Primula x pubescenes, Corydalis solida Beth Evans and Iris Graberiana.

Martinr

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »
Well, I made a right mess of that didn't I. Let's try again

Some pictures of plants not posted by Diane (and one or two repeats because they deserve it). In this first batch we have Saxifraga Lismore Carmine, Primula allionii, Primula x pubescenes, Corydalis solida Beth Evans and Iris Graberiana.

Martinr

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 09:27:03 AM »
Some more (the spelling mistake in the last posting has nothing to do with the editorial cock up competition in the Rock Garden)

Fritillaria sewerzowii, Melicytus alpina, Viola jooii, Corydalis schanginii (I think), Narcissus triandus albus

Martinr

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
And some more.

Primula Lismore Sunshine, Anacamptis longicornu, Trillium rivale, Iris zaprjagajewii, Asarum campaniforme and another Trillium rivale

Martinr

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »
And finally...Pieris japonica Prelude, Narcissus yepesii, Primula Netta Dennis, Cymbidium goeringii, CAPTION COMPETITION 1 and CAPTION COMPETITION 2.

I think they were probably saying rude things about the photographer!

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »
Thanks to you both for this outing to the show, wonderful plants and a ver nice frit. Diane, well done.
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »
Thank you Martin and Diane for the wonderful pictures from Cleveland - it is almost as good as being there.
The time taken by formists to post pictures from the shows is a very valuable resource for plant lovers from around the world who cannot get to the shows - some will never have been at a show.

Diane your frit is very beautiful and I suspect it is near to F. crassifolia but I could not see the distinctive linear nectaries that would indicate that species when I saw it at Blackpool - I did not think you would have appreciated me pulling a flowers apart.
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »
Super pictures, thanks to Diane and Martin.  By the way Martin your second picture of Brian and Diane was obviously taken after the pub lunch. ::)
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
Thanks to you both Diane and Martin.
I've seen a beautiful show this way. :D
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Martinr

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »
Shelagh, I'm just trying to figure out if Diane is actually sucking her thumb! (pictures are undoubtedly post pub)

Diane, I think Ian's inviting you to dissect a flower and post the pictures, there's a challenge.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal