We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Gentiana 2017  (Read 3620 times)

partisangardener

• Luther Art
Re: Gentiana 2017
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 10:06:15 PM »
This autumn I had a Gentiana flowering in one of my Cephalotus planter. It started as a unidentified weed which I left because I did not know what it might be.
This came by accident and I don't know how this seed came into this place. Never had seeds or plants of a similar species.
Part of this substrate was from a sandpit where I asked for some of the top soil which was on a big heap.

I am not sure but thought it could be something similar to Gentiana pneumonanthe.  Does anybody can confirm its identity, or tell me what this might be.

One of the two flowers had set seed which I put in surrounding planters.
greetings from Bayreuth/Germany zone 6b (340 m)
Axel
sorry I am no native speaker, just picked it up.

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 08:56:42 AM »
After the looks and flowering time, the second one can be a Gentiana paradoxa hybrid.

Thank you Gabriela! :) I got this plant from a plant swap, it was grown from seeds by a person who belongs to many garden societys (so she could have gotten the seeds from anywhere), and she had lost the label to these seeds.
Leena from south of Finland

partisangardener

• Luther Art
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 07:49:18 PM »
I think I solved last night the mystery of my Gentiana. I have been in Summer 2015 in Denmark's island Roemoe.
Such Gentiana were in flower there.
No seeds so I did not think of them at later times. But I did collect some small pieces of moss and some feces with a lot of berry seeds from the bogs there.

I must have put some of it into my existing planters. So might at least two of the small Gentiana seeds might have travelled there unnoticed.
The planters where I put most of it have no Gentiana plants growing. Only some of the berries.
This is a picture from my holiday, it seems to be the same Gentiana, though not exactly the beautiful color of my own plant.
greetings from Bayreuth/Germany zone 6b (340 m)
Axel
sorry I am no native speaker, just picked it up.

Leucogenes

• ...keep on rockin in the free world
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »
... I believe, the summer is over. 😊

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal