We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Joint SRGC/AGS Show Northumberland April 1 2017  (Read 8265 times)

veteran vet

Re: Joint SRGC/AGS Show Northumberland April 1 2017
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »
Getting down through the classes to some of the New in Cultivation or Rare in Cultivation so I was going to do these to include the notes on the plants but the Downsizer doesn't seem able to get the picture sizes small enough for me to post, I used a different camera for these so possibly the original picture size is too much for it to cope with so had enough for today, will try again tomorrow

veteran vet

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »
I have tried this morning to reduce the size of the pictures to a meaning post that is allowed on the site with no joy, so will not post any more. I am not clued up enough to work out why, the pictures taken with my phone camera are between 2.5 and  3.69MB while my digital camera ones are in the region of 3MB...here the downsizer works perfectly bu does not reduce one of the pictures from the phone to an allowable size...must be the technology somewhere.
Never mind, to repeat was a very fine show, I thought the atmosphere around the place was really good with the paying public and the exhibitors mingling well and exchanging advise/chat freely, this was much appreciated by the visitors. I worked for a while on the Timpany sales table while Susan had a look around, steady trade with much advise being sought...seeing the plants on the bench always seems to start to  see if any for sale...there sometimes is.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2017, 06:40:01 PM »
Sorry for the delay while web updates were happening - here is  Sandy Leven's Hexham Northumberland Farrer Medal  report : of course these, and more,  are all accessible on the main site Show Reports page

http://files.srgc.net/Showreports/FarrermedalHexham2017.pdf

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2017, 10:31:26 AM »
Sandy Leven's report  on the Hexham show is now online  HERE   Thanks, Sandy.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal