We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Saxifraga 2017  (Read 25898 times)

Arie.v

Re: Saxifraga 2017
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2017, 05:57:02 PM »
Wish I could get some locally here, shipping from BC is expensive, maybe I have to talk my former employer in to getting some other ones. 
Cheap Confections and Wanda are both white ones.
Love the red ones you posted Jan on Facebook.
Thanks Dave and Jan for clearing this up for me.
The most important part of a garden is the one who enjoys it.
Arie Vanspronsen
Waterdown Ontario Canada

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »

................Cheap Confections and Wanda are both white ones....................

Er, well? Arie if you look earlier in this thread at my 'Cheap Confections' you may see that it is pink fading to white which caused me a bit of hesitation. I checked this out on the Edrom Nursery Web Site (Edrom has a very good range of fortunei cultivars ) and found that the flower is sometimes referred to as being pink and sometimes white. Also, on the same site the flower is referred to as being white and with large pink bracts.
http://www.edrom-nurseries.co.uk/shop/pc/Saxifraga-fortunei-Cheap-Confections-35p8078.htm

'Warda' although white (I'm sure you will be glad to know) it's proper name is 'Wada'
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

adrian young

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2019, 03:17:48 PM »
Saxifaga in tufa-can't remember which one
Saxifraga x apiculata 'Gregor Mendel'
Adrian Young ~ Waterperry
home of the Rock Diamonds

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal