We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC now on Instagram  (Read 2459 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
SRGC now on Instagram
« on: December 05, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »
SRGC on Instagram! 

Kirsty Wilson is now curating an Instagram account for the club which can be shared world wide and will hopefully engage with a younger audience. Instagram is an easy way to share images and short content. It will also have a link to the website. If you could please all share on all social media platforms and send Kirsty any images and content to share. To get Instagram just simply download the app to your phone or view on a web page. Our username is srg_club, so you can follow us at https://www.instagram.com/srg_club

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
Re: SRGC now on Instagram
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »
SRGC has been on Twitter for some time : https://twitter.com/ScottishRockGC    @ScottishRockgc

and  also on Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/ScottishRockGC/   @ScottishRockGC

- and of course, as ever  the forum is open to you all -it  is archived and searchable  and your contributions are always welcome
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:39:31 PM by Maggi Young »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 09:08:51 PM »
Scott Cook has taken over the  SRGC Instagram page - he'd  love to hear from you there!
https://www.instagram.com/srg_club/

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 05:42:28 PM »
From Scott Cook who is at Göteborgs botaniska trädgård in Gothenburg, Sweden     .......

"I have been very quiet on FB recently as I have been busy with other things not least of which is taking over the @srg_club Instagram. Worth a look (even if I do say so myself!) as I don't duplicate posts between the two.
Right now I am lucky enough to be spending a couple of weeks working with Johan Nilson and the rest of the team in the Alpine Department at Gothenburg Botanic Gardens. Everyone here has been so welcoming, friendly and happy share their knowledge and experience and they have such a range of stunning plants some of which I'll share here for you all to admire.
How about some stunning Irises to start ... "

Iris rosenbachiana  ( thinks maggi )

(not sure what this is - very pretty though!) perhaps a form of  Iris kuschakewiczii  ( looks right  :) - see ebbie's  photo here : http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=12629.msg328489#msg328489 )

"Three Fritillaria species bells to gaze into from the extensive collection here.
Just as we move plants into our display house when they are at their peak back in @rbgedinburgh here some are moved into the exhibition hall for the public to see where they are very obviously appreciated. Here are Fritillaria chlorantha, F. karelinii and F. zagrica....."

« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 05:56:04 PM by Maggi Young »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 09:00:35 PM »
Congratulations to Kirsty Wilson - now working at  RBGE  as  Herbaceous Supervisor-  who is also joining the   team for the  Beechgrove  Garden TV  programme.  Kirsty's  first  appearance  was tonight for the  star  of the  new  season. 

84  year  old  Jim McColl has  stood  down and this was  his  last  show.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal