We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Primula allionii  (Read 11370 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Primula allionii
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »
Two beauties indeed Hans
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 01:10:23 PM »
Not a patch on the Primula allionii seedlings Hans posted recently but I am quite pleased with my little allionii "Crowsley Variety" as it is the very first one I have been able to keep through the previous Summer and Autumn without it rotting off on me. Now that I've got the "knack" I must get some more!

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »
I really like the deep pink flowered allionii Hans - super big flower.

A couple in flower now for me: the first an unnamed clone, the second P allionii 'Jenny Seedling'
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 07:50:53 PM by DaveM »
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 09:31:09 AM »
Dave, how old is your plant please? Only because I need to know what to expect if I can keep mine through another Summer and Winter! :D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 07:56:22 PM »
David - probably about 5 or 6 years for both plants. I do get some problem with botrytis, with rosettes suddenly dying. If I don't catch this quickly, to remove the rosette, then large parts die back. I find the only option then is to pull the plant apart and start again with the uninfected rosettes. I don't find these plants easy, and I have a fan set above the bench where I keep these. But they are super when growing well..... Good luck with yours.

Dave
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 08:31:22 PM »
Dave, thanks for that, I've got something to aim at now.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal