We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ajuga lupulina  (Read 1332 times)

Tristan_He

Ajuga lupulina
« on: July 24, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »
I have a couple of plants of this species from trillium.no seed. Does anyone have any advice on the best place to plant them out?

Thanks, Tristan

Carolyn

Re: Ajuga lupulina
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 09:29:10 AM »
Funny you should ask this, as I have been wondering the same. I have one solitary plant, the only one to germinate from a packet of Chris Chadwell's seeds. Edrom lists it and they suggest sun or semi-shade and moist but well-drained soil. I must go and plant mine today!
Carolyn McHale
Gardening in Kirkcudbright

Philippe

• Landscapes photographs and alpine plants
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 06:37:22 PM »
One single plant waiting in a pot in my case. Will go for quite standard mix to begin and see how the plants reacts once planted out in the bed. Generally the plants do better once out of the pot, in which conditions are sometimes more difficult to control ( over/under humidity associated to shade or not).
Let's post our results to come in this thread!

NE-France,Haut-Chitelet alpine garden,1200 m.asl
Rather cool/wet summer,reliable 4/5 months winter snow cover
Annual precip:200/250cm,3.5°C mean annual temp.

Tristan_He

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 07:42:21 PM »
Sounds good Philippe. Based on Carolyn's post it does not sound like it will need any special treatment.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal