We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Seed Exchange 2016-17 No. 70  (Read 27081 times)

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
Re: SRGC Seed Exchange 2016-17 No. 70
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2017, 02:01:10 PM »
Leena  - PM me with your address if you'd like some more taquettii seed.  Always nice too sprinkle some in a gritty trough and wait.

You will have to select for true ones as we have 2 pink muc. v. ciliatum, 1 muc. very tall and 1 muc. x taquetii nearby.  A goodly number from taquetii come true and are easy to recognize.

Lesely should have a forest of them coming along.

john
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2017, 05:24:50 PM »
Leena  - PM me with your address if you'd like some more taquettii seed.  Always nice too sprinkle some in a gritty trough and wait.
You will have to select for true ones as we have 2 pink muc. v. ciliatum, 1 muc. very tall and 1 muc. x taquetii nearby.  A goodly number from taquetii come true and are easy to recognize.
Lesely should have a forest of them coming along.
john

Indeed a forest561653-0 and growing fast! they overtook Rhododendron caucasicum which germinated first.
561651-1

Also from Seedx - Incarvillea younghousbandii; slight chance to be true to name but I keep positive for now.

I don't know what happened - the image that shows on top is the Incarvillea.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:27:45 PM by Gabriela »
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2017, 07:24:48 PM »

Thank you John, but the seed ex seeds were so generous that I think there is enough of them already.  :)
I have also other Rhododendron seeds germinating from Finnish Rhododendron Club seeds, from Finnish origin and crossings, but yours was interesting, and I don't mind if there are also taller growing plants. :) The autumn colour of taquettii was special!
Leena from south of Finland

Lewis Potter

• Go Fourth, Work Hard and Smile.
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2017, 12:10:22 AM »
My seeds will be sown this weekend, rather late maybe. Im going to be cheeky and ask if anyone has some spare Primula agleniana seed, or where I could get some.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2017, 01:46:22 AM »
Thanks for reminding me Leena, of the correct name for the Iris sibirica seed. I was lazy and wrote the English translation rather than checking the German spelling. I did keep the packet you sent it in though and will add the correct name as the source of seedlings. Seven are germinated by this morning.  :)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Jan Jeddeloh

« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2017, 02:01:19 AM »
I did get my seed a couple of weeks ago and have planted most of it.  I'm still waiting on my AGS seed.  Not sure it's ever coming.  Sigh.  Really a pain in the you know what having to do the Small Lots of Seed thing.

Jan
Jan Jeddeloh, Portland, Oregon, USA zone 8

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2017, 04:06:43 PM »
I did get my seed a couple of weeks ago and have planted most of it.  I'm still waiting on my AGS seed.  Not sure it's ever coming.  Sigh.  Really a pain in the you know what having to do the Small Lots of Seed thing.

Jan
Very pleased to hear that the US postal authorities have finally delivered Jan's AGS seed.  Better late than never!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:29:13 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal